Choosing between Kwikset Smartkey and Schlage is quite confusing. If you are in this kind of dilemma, you should start reading this now.
There are a lot of smart door locks in the market today, but two brands stand out the most for several good reasons – Kwikset Smartkey and Schlage.
Kwikset has been manufacturing easy-to-install and revolutionary tubular locks since 1946. Schlage, on the other hand, started their journey in manufacturing high-quality and conventional locks in the 1920s. Both companies have proven their existence in the locksmith industry, up to this modern age.
However, which brand of smart door lock should you choose if both Kwikset and Schlage are known for their excellent works? Here are a few pros and cons of each brand that will help you determine which amongst the two brands is better.
Kwikset Smartkey and Schlage Similarities
- Offers rekey options.
- Easy to install.
- Offers smart remote options where you can control the locking system via a smartphone app.
- Both Kwikset and Schlage are versatile. They offer several different models of smart door locks including touch key and touchless smart locks, multiple modes of entry, with or without handle, and more.
- You can choose between a key and a keyless smart lock.
- Offers multiple access codes.
- Depending on the model, Kwikset’s smart door locks are compatible with smart home devices including Alexa, Z-Wave, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, and Zigbee.
- There are a lot of smart door lock designs that you can choose from.
- Easy to use the ‘rekey’ technology.
- It does not have a built-in alarm option; thus, you need to install a separate device that will set off an alarm and notify you if someone is trying to break into your home by tampering or accessing the lock.
- ANSI for safety is Grade 2; although it is still impressive, Schlage smart door locks are better with their Grade 1 ratings.
- Compatible with smart home devices including, Alex, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, Zigbee, and Z-wave technologies.
- Has ANSI Grade-1 rating and is considered the strongest smart lock in the market.
- Designed with a built-in alarm option that helps you get notified when someone is trying to tamper with your lock.
- The rekey option is quite tricky on Schlage than Kwikset, where the latter has a simpler rekey method.
- Schlage smart door locks are not compatible with Android phones.
If you check at this post: https://keylockguide.com/kwikset-smartkey-vs-schlage/, you’ll get more detailed information about the similarities, differences, the pros, and the cons of each smart door lock.
Now, to get into the bottom of this, both brands offer high-quality smart door locks that will help boost your home’s security, as well as your safety. However, if you are looking for a more convenient option, Kwikset’s smart door locks are a good choice. On the contrary, if you want an extra layer of security on your front door with the option of alarm, Schlage smart door locks are better.